Friday, July 24, 2009

Californi' 'Cation

This is my last full day in California (and America), so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to recap what has been a really fabulous time.

Other than one night with my Uncle George and his wife Claire in Laguna, I've been staying with Aunt Nancy (technically they're all great aunts and uncles, but who's counting).

I've had an In-n-Out burger, reminisced in the blissful air conditioning of an Alberston's after a sweltering death march by the shore and tried to relearn Tai Chi (an endeavor that largely met with failure but was enjoyable, nevertheless).

Everyone has been hospitable and kind to such a degree that it makes the weather (and even the blue, sunny skies) bearable and even quite enjoyable. The clearest example of this might be the beautiful female employees at the Long Beach Staples who got very excited for me and my trip and had me write all their names in Japanese.

Later my aunt and I went to see the mansion (I know!) where my great grandparents lived. Having heard a lot about it, it was a real treat to see it.

Headed to my orientation tonight. Thank you, California! It was a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment